Notice of Elections - 3rd May 2018
Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Election Agents - Burnley Borough Council Elections
Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Uncontested Election - Parish / Town Council Elections
Notice of Poll
Results of local elections May 2018
You must be registered to vote to take part. Visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote to register - all you need is your National Insuarnce number
The following people are allowed to vote:
If you are aged eighteen years or over on the day of poll and are
- A British or Irish citizen living in the UK, or
- A Commonwealth citizen living in the UK who has leave to remain in the UK or who does not require leave to remain in the UK, or
- A British citizen living overseas who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years
For information on any elections coming up, and results from elections over the last few years, click the links 'in this section' on the right.
How to vote
Poll cards are delivered shortly before an Election. Each member of the household who is eligible to vote should receive a poll card which informs them of the date of the election, where their polling station is and the hours of poll. You do not need to take the poll card with you to be able to vote.
- The hours of poll for all elections are 7am to 10pm
- On arrival at your designated polling station, the Presiding Officer will have ask you to confirm your name and address and will issue you with a ballot paper
- The ballot paper will have an official mark
- You should take the ballot paper to the voting booth and mark with a "X" the candidate you wish to vote for
- Fold the ballot paper and deposit it in the ballot box
Find out more about what is and isn't allowed when it comes to voting
How to become a councillor
Find out more about how to become a councillor, "A Day in the Life of" feature and other information
To look at a map of the electoral geography of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, please follow the link. It is provided by Ordnance Survey, Britain's national mapping agency, providing the most accurate and up-to-date geographic data, relied on by government, business and individuals.