Burnley Council is committed to customer service. This charter explains the standards you can expect from us.
Our service promises
• We will be polite, helpful and efficient
• We will treat customers fairly, and ensure that everyone has equal access to our services
• We will monitor our performance against the 6 service standards, and work to improve
The 6 customer service standards
1. We will aim to answer your enquiry when you first contact us, but if this is not possible we will pass you to the right team straight away.
2. During office hours, we aim to answer your telephone calls within 8 rings and will tell you to whom you are speaking.
3. When you request a service by a web form or email on burnley.gov.uk, we will acknowledge receipt immediately and contact you again with our response within 5 working days.
4. We will reply to letters within 5 working days of receipt.
5. If a more detailed investigation is needed to answer your enquiry, and we cannot therefore provide a full response within 5 days, we will contact you to explain any delay and tell you when you can expect a full response. Our target is to provide that full response within 20 working days.
6. On average, we aim to see our customers within 10 minutes of arrival at Contact Burnley, the Parker Lane one stop shop.
Please let us know if we have failed to keep any of the promises in this charter.