ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS GRANT COVID
19 Outbreak Closure Grant
At its meeting on the 14th July Burnley Council’s Executive agreed to allocate funding from the Council’s Additional Restriction allocation to introduce a new discretionary Covid outbreak closure grant. The grant is to support small businesses that are forced to close due to employees testing positive for COVID 19 or are required to self-isolate which, as a result, prevents the business from operating.
This discretionary COVID Outbreak Closure Grant has been developed to support small businesses that are unable to operate and have needed to close the business due to an employee/s testing positive for Covid or an employee/s having been notified to self-isolate having come into contact with someone that has Covid, leaving the business with insufficient staff to run the business.
Key Eligibility Criteria
The COVID Outbreak Closure Grant is open to small businesses that meet the following criteria: -
To be eligible to apply for funding businesses must:
- Be a small business that employs 10 or less full-time equivalent employees
- Must occupy premises with a rateable value and be liable for business rates (unless in receipt of SBRR) or pay an all-inclusive rent and rates bill to the landlord
- Be able to provide evidence of the notification from the NHS Covid-19 app or NHS Test & Trace to self-isolate or evidence of a positive test.
- For the avoidance of doubt, businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
An online application form is to be completed with the business providing the following supporting information: -
- A brief summary explaining why the business has had to close, for how long and what alternatives you had considered to remain open.
- Evidence to show that there has been an outbreak of COVID 19, either a copy/screen shot of the Covid test result from the NHS Covid 19 app, or the NHS Test & Trace being notified to self-isolate.
- An estimate of the expected financial loss to the business as a result of having to close the business.
A grant of up to £1,000 will be available to mitigate losses incurred as a result of closures due to the workplace outbreaks. (up to 1 grant per calendar month).
Businesses that experience repeated outbreaks will be required to show they are putting in plans to prevent further outbreaks.
There is no right of appeal to the Council decision.
The funding for the COVID Outbreak Closure Grant is limited, and once resources have been committed no further funding will be available for the scheme.