Sustainable Transport grants
Lancashire Council have a new grant fund available for businesses and organisations looking to invest in sustainable transport travel to work initiatives
Some of you may remember a very similar grant programme a few years ago and can apply again.
Grant funding is for a maximum of 5000 pounds
Grant awards must be match funded by your organization, however the match funded contribution can take the form of either a financial input or a contribution in kind - or a combination of both.
The grant will fund initiatives which meet the following objectives:
Ø Initiatives to make walking, cycling and other modes of physically active transport safe, convenient, attractive ,available, affordable for your workforce
Ø Initiatives to Influence travel behavior amongst the workforce resulting in a shift to more physically active modes of transport
Ø Improving access to the site by physically active modes of transport
Ø Facilitate economic growth through improved access by more active modes of transport
Ø Initiatives to reduce traffic congestion/emissions
Examples of eligible projects:
· creation of or upgrading of cycle paths
· investment in `pool` bikes for staff
· installation of shower and drying facilities for staff
· purchase of cycle storage or cycle lock up points
· installation of electric vehicle charging points
· improvement of access for pedestrians/cyclists and improved links to public transport
· awareness campaigns and promotion that result in less car use, less congestion, fewer polluting vehicle emissions; such as via car sharing
· Delivery of sustainable travel roadshows and events
The programme will also provide support to organisations to create travel plans and site audits.
The fund is designed as a three year programme but once the allocation for each year is gone, its gone.
The funder is actively seeking to support and approve applications before the end of March and is also considering applications already for the new financial year.
The application is simple to complete and money for projects is paid upfront, rather than the `cash back` nature of many grant programmes.
Project outputs will be monitored.
To enquire or apply contact:
Access Fund Project Officer
Lancashire County Council
T: 01772 530487