An opportunity has arisen to take over the running of a Burnley community centre and help deliver services and activities to local residents.
Burnley Council is keen to hear from any person, community group or other organisation interested in managing the Burnley Wood centre.
The council owns the Springfield Road building and is interested in hearing from anyone who has the skills, enthusiasm and initiative to develop the centre and continue to provide a valuable place for people to meet and enjoy a wide range of activities.
A successful applicant would need to be able to:
- Provide a long-term income to be sustainable through a variety of sources
- Cover the cost of maintaining the building and running activities
- Apply for grant funding, hire out community spaces and deliver contracts
- Adapt to changing circumstances
- Identify and understand the issues that matter most to local residents
Further details are available from Andrew Leah – email@example.com
Expressions of interest should be submitted to Mr Leah by noon Friday 4th October.