CHANGES TO YOUR COLLECTION
Burnley Council is changing the way you recycle. Only 34% of the borough’s household waste is recycled- we need to up our game.
It’s a game of two halves when it comes to collecting recyclable household items such as glass, cans, plastics, paper and cardboard - with around half the households in the borough getting a new wheelie bin system while the other half will stay with the current “squad” of blue boxes and an improved sealable white sack, weighted at the bottom, and with a handle to hang it up, which will reduce spillages.
- Each household in the borough will receive a new collection calendar telling you which bin to put out on what day
- You can check whether you are on a wheelie bin or box collection by visiting here
- Your new recycling bins/sack are free
- Recycling wheelie bins will be emptied every four weeks
- Recycling blue boxes and white sacks will continue to be emptied every two weeks
- SEPTEMBER: Your new collection calendar will be delivered - also for those moving to wheeled bins, they will be delivered during September– blue for glass, cans and plastic; dark grey for paper/cardboard. Please remember – these should not be used until October when the first collections start
- OCTOBER: The new wheelie bin recycling service will start
- NOVEMBER: New improved weighted paper and card sacks will be delivered following your regular recycling collections