On the 31st July 2018, the Council adopted Burnley’s Local Plan.
Burnley’s Local Plan covers the whole of the Borough and provides the statutory planning framework for the Borough for non-minerals and waste matters. It replaces the 2006 Burnley Local Plan. The new Plan will be accompanied by a separate Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations development plan document on which work will commence shortly.
The Adopted Plan
Copies of the Plan as adopted and the accompanying adopted Policies Map, the Adoption Statement and the SEA/SA Post-Adoption Statement are available to view and download through the links below:
- Policies Map East
- Policies Map West
- Burnley Town Centre Inset
- Padiham Town Centre Inset
- Suitable Areas for Wind Energy Development
The Sustainability Appraisal Report and the Inspector’s Report setting out the main modifications can be accessed through the links below:
- Burnley's Local Plan: Inspector's Report
- Burnley's Local Plan: Proposed Submission Sustainability Appraisal Report - March 2017
- Burnley's Local Plan: Proposed Submission Sustainability Appraisal Report Non-Technical Summary - March 2017
- Burnley's Local Plan: Proposed Main Modifications SA Addendum Report - March 2018