Burnley's Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) is in two part:
The Level 1 SFRA is regularly updated. It provides an overview of all sources of flood risk in the borough in relation to planned development. It provides the basis for guiding development to the areas of lowest risk of flooding through a 'sequential approach' and includes 'Sequential Tests' for a number of proposed Local Plan allocations. The Level 1 SFRA was updated in March 2017 to support the Proposed Submission Burnley Local Plan, jointly by the Council and JBA Consulting.
- Burnley SFRA Level 1 Report March 2017
- Burnley SFRA Level 1 Report - Appendix 1 - Detailed Maps
- Burnley SFRA Level 1 Report – Appendix 2 - Sites Screening Assessment
- Burnley SFRA Level 1 Report – Appendix 3 - Sites Assessment Summary Report
- Burnley SFRA Level 1 Report – Appendix 4 - Principal Flood Risk Reaches
The Level 2 SFRA looks in more detail at a number of potential allocations located within higher flood risk areas. This assessment provides advice as to whether sites could be developed safely and sustainably for the uses envisaged. It incorporates any 'Exception Tests' required. The Level 2 assessment was also updated in March 2017 to support the Proposed Submission Burnley Local Plan, jointly by the Council and JBA Consulting.
- Burnley SFRA Level 2 Report March 2017
- Burnley SFRA Level 2 Report – Appendix 1 Burnley SFRA Interim Level 2 SFRA
A number of previous Level 2 SFRAs are also available to download for reference:
- Flood Risk Advice for Former Baxi site, Padiham, and Stoneyholme site, Burnley
- Flood Risk Advice for Jubilee Mill, Padiham
- Flood Risk Advice for sites in Burnley (Saunder Bank and Burnley Wood) and Padiham (Wyre Street mill complex, Jubilee Mill, Albion Mill)