The Local Plan Working Group is a group of elected members who meet periodically with officers to look in detail at the emerging local plan or at specific topic areas. The working group has no decision making powers.
Local Plan Working Group Terms of Reference
- To keep Members informed about progress on Burnley’s Local Plan
- To actively involve Members in the preparation of Burnley’s Local Plan drawing on their local knowledge and development control committee experience
- To champion the local plan within respective groups
- 7 Members including the Executive Member for Regeneration and Economic Development. The working group will comprise councillors from across all political groups. Membership will be broadly apportioned in line with the political balance and appointees from each party will be agreed by their respective group leader.
- The group will be supported by the Head of Regeneration and Planning Policy and the Planning Policy Team.
- The working group is advisory and has no decision making powers. Officers will make the views of the group known to both Executive and Scrutiny through the formal decision making processes
Frequency of Meetings
- The frequency of meetings will be informed by the key stages in the development of the local plan
Meetings Agendas and Notes
- These can be downloaded ffom the donwloads section on the right hand side of this page.