We offer a service to the people of the Borough to collect 'bulky' items that cannot be put out in the normal refuse.
To arrange a bulky collection please fill in our online form or contact us on 01282 425011
Charges for Bulky Household waste collections:
If you have bulky household waste collections you would like collecting a single charge of £13.50 will be made for the collection of up to 4 items.
The exception is 'white goods' (eg fridge, television, cooker, microwave, washing machine). These items have a charge of £13.50 each.
If you are unsure of what can be collected here is a small list of examples:
- a 3-piece suite is classed as three items
- carpets (one carpet must be manageable by 2 people, otherwise it should be cut into pieces, rolled and tied
- underlays are classed as a separate item to carpets
- bedroom suites (each item of the suite should be listed separately)
- only items that you have listed will be removed, any additions must be made as a separate request.
The general rule is, if you would take it with you when you move house, it is likely to be suitable for this service.
If you are also unsure of what we cannot collect, here are some examples for you:
- domestic Waste either loose or bagged
- gas bottles
- bags of rubble
- cast iron material
- fence panels
- concrete posts
- car/motorbike parts
- garage doors/window frames
- garden Waste e.g. Trees
- fluid containers e.g. drums
- large gates
- wire fencing and large fire surrounds
- general builders waste
- doors - internal and external
If you have your own transport you can dispose of items yourself at the Balderstone Lane Household Waste Recycling Centre. For more information you can contact the Lancashire County Council waste helpline on 0300 123 6781.