Any items which cannot be placed in doorstep collection recycling containers can be recycled at the local 'bring sites' across Burnley.
There are three sites in Burnley where you can recycle paper, cans, glass, textiles, shoes and books at:
- Sainsbury's Superstore, Active Way, Burnley, BB12 0EA
Asda Superstore, Princess Way, Burnley, BB12 0AE
Tesco Superstore, Centenary Way, Burnley, BB11 2HE
- Inkjet cartridges and batteries are also accepted for recycling at the Council's One-Stop-Shop, Contact Burnley, 9 Parker Lane, Burnley, BB11 2BJ
- There is also a larger Household Waste Recycling Centre at Balderstone Lane, Heasandford Industrial Estate, Burnley
- The local tip for non-recyclable items is also located at Balderstone Lane, Burnley
- The Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) does not accept commercial waste. If you want to take household waste in a commercial type vehicle or trailer you will need to obtain a free permit from LCC- call 0300 123 6781.
- Construction and Demolition (inert) waste. Please note that you need a permit to deposit construction and demolition (inert) waste free of charge please contact LCC for further information on 0300 123 6781.
Please be aware that from the start of October this year the opening closing times will change at all Lancashire's HWRC's.
Please see below or alternatively click on the link which will take you to the website,
Summer opening times
01 April to 30 September
8am - 7pm 7 days a week
Winter opening times
01 October to 31 March
8am - 5pm 7 days a week
Please be aware that the opening hours of the Recycling Centre's change depending on the time of year.
Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year's Day.