Householders are responsible for the safe keeping of their wheelie bin.
If your wheelie bin is lost or stolen a charge of £29.95 will be made for a replacement.
The Council can advise people on how to keep their bin safe. People can take a number of easy measures:
- Mark your bin clearly with your house number and, if possible, street name
- Try to leave your bin out for emptying for the least time possible. Your bin must be out for emptying by 7am on collection day
- Try to take it back in as soon as possible after it's been emptied. We realise that for people who work that may mean tea-time the same day
- Don't leave your bin off your property for more than a day
- Keep it in a secure place if possible
To order a replacement bin you can Order a Wheelie Bin using our online service.