- Blue boxes for glass, cans and plastic bottles, aluminum foil
- Brown bin for garden waste (grass cuttings, leaves, plants and small branches)
- White hessian bag for collecting paper and cardboard
- Clear sack for collecting textiles
- Wheeled bin or refuse sacks for all your general household waste
Ordering bins, bags and boxes
- To request new or additional bins, boxes and bags please complete our online form.
- Call us on 01282 425011
- Purchase a compost bin on-line, or, call the National Home Composting Hotline on 0844 571 4444
There are 2 sizes of Wheelie bin available, medium and large.
The Medium (240ltr) bin is standard and is delivered to all properties within the Borough.
A large bin is designed for the larger families of the borough.
- If you have 6 or more in your family then you are entitled to a larger bin, you can apply for one straight away, by either ordering online or calling the Contact Burnley on 01282 425011.
- For those families with 5 in their family, you may be able to get a larger bin but conditions will apply. An officer may come out and do a waste audit to access the amount of rubbish that is produced and recycled.
Please note: we don't collect side waste e.g. any extra bags that are left outside your wheelie bin.
You can apply for a larger (360ltr) one dependant on your circumstances (conditions/assessments apply). Download the application form, complete it and then return it to our Streetscene Department.