- Blue boxes for glass, cans, plastic bottles, aluminum foil, yoghurt pots, margarine tubs and meat, fruit and vegetable trays
- Brown bin for garden waste (grass cuttings, leaves, plants and small branches)
- White hessian bag for collecting paper and cardboard
- Wheeled bin or refuse sacks for all your general household waste
Please note: we do not collect side waste e.g. any extra bags that are left outside your wheelie bin.
Ordering Wheelie Bins, Bags and Boxes
- To request new or additional bins, boxes and bags please complete our online form.
- Call us on 01282 425011
- Purchase a compost bin on-line, or, call the National Home Composting Hotline on 0844 571 4444
Different Types of Wheeled Bins
There are 2 sizes of Wheelie bin available, medium and large.
The medium (240ltr) bin is standard and is delivered to all properties within the Borough.
The large (360ltr) bin is designed for the larger families of the borough.
- If you have a large family, you may be entitled to a larger bin, you can apply for one straight away, by either ordering online or calling the Contact Burnley on 01282 425011.
- If you have non-hazardous clinical/medical waste that generates additional waste, you may be able to get a larger bin but conditions will apply.
Please note: An officer may come out and do a waste audit to access the amount of rubbish that is produced and recycled.
The Council offers a clinical waste collection service for hazardous clinical/medical waste, you can find more information along with an application from here.